Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Autumn-Time to Pray Our Goodbyes

(05-06-2007)

One morning of the 9th of June 2002
I was able to see the harshnes of autumn
Quite erroneous because autumn comes
during the last week of September,
I am referring to fallen leaves-death.

It was an ordinary day full of
extraordinary pain and suffering.
The wind blew the remaining life in the
mango tree which once was sturdy in its
green leaves and healthy fruits.

It bended and swayed in drastic motion
full of creepy noise..
It left the tree not a single leaf-bruised and dying..

Death is a recognition of God's power and grace,
Goodbyes are often painful and full of "why's"
The mango tree washed with all its remaining life
stood weak and damp after the morning rain,
regains its strength to face the bounty of spring
which only comes after the pain the autumn brings..

My love, my saviour, my God, my all
Why did you let the mango tree fall?
You know how much I love that tree
He is the head of our family...

After years of solitude and silent cries
Spring in my heart begins to rise....
For where the tree rest and lie,
I begin to pray all my goodbyes.

No comments: